We hope that you and your kids had a fun Halloween! A spectacular night of dressing up, trick or treating and handing out candy! We want to share a few helpful tips on how to keep teeth healthy during this sugar-filled time of year.
– Try to eat Halloween candy and other sugary foods with meals or shortly after mealtime. This helps because the saliva production increases during meals and helps cancel out acids produced by bacteria.
– Avoid hard and sticky candy that stays in your mouth for a long time. The length of time sugary food is in your mouth plays a role in the development of tooth decay.
– Drink more water! Not only does it help wash away food, but it also contains fluoride which protects the tooth’s enamel.
– Clean between teeth, sugar loves to hide in the crevices! This time of year it is especially important to floss
– Visit us at the ToothMatters Dental Clinic!
It’s important to stay on top of dental appointments! Contact us at ToothMatters Dental Clinic in Richmond Hill to keep your smile healthy!