Bad breath can be a big problem. Imagine if you had bad breath within your work atmosphere. This could be client facing and they may not want to continue the conversation, resulting in loss of business and the relationship. Other bad breath problems could be with your significant other. They may not want to be kissed due to bad breath! The list of problems bad breath can cause, can go on!
Do you know what causes bad breath? Even if you brush your teeth twice a day, you can still have bad breath! Why is that? Bad breath is usually caused by the breakdown of food in your mouth. However, other causes can include poor oral hygiene, dry mouth, diseases, infections or the use of tobacco and severe dieting.
Most causes of bad breath include:
- Food particles from stinky foods (such as garlic, onions etc.)
- Respiratory infections
- Acid Reflux
- Poor Oral Hygiene
You can treat bad breath by:
- Brushing twice a day and flossing daily
- Using a tongue scraper to eliminate odour causing bacteria on your tongue
- Visit your dentist twice a year for cleanings and checkups
- See your family doctor, to treat your disease that cause acid reflux——if this could not be treated by dentist
If you are concerned about bad breath and need to seek a dentist in Richmond Hill, talk to us at ToothMatters! We will help you to figure out the cause of your bad breath and conquer it with you.
– Dr. Gao